The good thing about this Oatmeal bake is it can be dairy free - which is how my MIL made it for me over Christmas and how I continue to make it in my home. But for those who want the real deal, feel free to substitute the margarine and coconut milk for real butter or any milk of your choosing. Enjoy!
- 2 cups instant oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk (or any milk of choice)
- 2 eggs
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsps honey
- 1½ Tbsp melted butter or margarine
- Approx 2 cups mixed berries (I like to use Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries and Raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar). Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients (milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and butter).
- Layer half the berries on the bottom of a 8x8 inch baking dish and top evenly with the dry oat mixture. Pour the wet mixture overtop the oats, then layer the rest of the berries on top of it all.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the oats have completely absorbed the liquid.